We appreciate your interest in ALEA. Please fill in the form below and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Difference between Native and Hybrid App
For the developer’s mobile app development became easy because of introduction of new technologies/ tools like PhoneGap, Ionic and React Native as the developers can build apps without learning complex programming language like Swift language for iOS and Java language for Android.
So, the main question is what is the difference between the native and hybrid apps? The answer to this question is not accurate, all depends on the content picked up by the developers. Hybrid apps are compatible with both IOS and Android, so it has more benefits over the native apps. But sometimes it happens that hybrid apps lacks with the poor user experience and disappoint the users of the mobiles, and with this native apps have wonderful user experience and extraordinary performance. Native apps are not compatible with every Operating System so it has to be developed separately.
According to the survey done web-based approach over the native tools is being chosen by two-third of the mobile app developers. Top brands are more likely to choose the hybrid apps over the native apps. The reasons why the top brands prefer to switch from the native to hybrid apps are:
- Speed: The speed of the cross-platform apps id almost 2-3x faster than the native apps.
- Efficiency: As compared to native app organization is saved by 75-80% more by the hybrid apps.
- Omnichannel: Hybrid apps can run on omnichannel where the web runs whether on desktop, browser and mobile app.
Native app is a software or the program developed to perform some distinct tasks on the particular platforms. It uses different Software development tools for the framework of software’s, hardware platforms and OS whereas hybrid app are called to be as the native apps only as it can be easily downloaded from the platform app store like the native app and can be accessed to all the features of native platforms. It performs closely to the native apps.
The major difference between the two are as follows:
- Hybrid apps can easily be run into the Web View and for the native app certain distinct features are required for accessing the native features of the platforms such as camera, mic etc.
- Hybrid apps are built on the single code base which means that, write code once and run anywhere but in case of native apps it uses multiple code base as separate app is to be maintained and for each platform different code.
Advantages of Hybrid App:
- Hybrid apps are built on Single code base which is write once and run everywhere.
- Hybrid apps have unified development and cross platform.
- Hybrid apps have faster development and is both time and cost saving.
Disadvantages of Hybrid apps:
- The performance of the hybrid app is similar to the native apps but the hybrid apps may not work well sometimes in case of 3D, HD games and some other performances of the centric apps.
- Depending on the native plugin’s hybrid can access all the features of the native apps. But sometimes might happen that the new device feature might not be available as the plugins of the native apps.
- As hybrid apps need to be synced with the changes and releases with the latest version of the platform.
Advantages of Native App:
- Native Apps can be developed according to the specific language of the platform like Java and Swift for android and IOS respectively.
- Native apps are built on the criteria of multi code base which means separate code for each platform.
- The experience of user is smooth and more responsive in case of native apps.
- They are faster in execution process as native apps can directly access the hardware such as CPU, GPS and can the same on the app.
Drawbacks of Native App
- Development time increases as separate efforts for the development for each platform is required.
- Development time and cost increases as for each code they have its own release cycle and updates.
- It becomes more challenging because of multiple codebase as it releases same feature at the same time on all the platforms.
- For the maintenance of same application on each platform different set of skills are required which leads to more cost.
As per the discussion done above, there are advantages and disadvantages for each and every technology depending on the project management, resources and the cost analysis. So before starting working on any project requirements of the clients are need to be properly planned and understand. Development of the hybrid apps is easy and is beneficial for developing the android and iOS app with their requirements of budgets.
Similarly, Native apps is basically used for developing more complex apps and for core features needs to be accessed which improves the quality, security and performance of the application. Its cost effective and time is required to develop the native apps.