Social media marketing is the process of building awareness about you, your products, or your services through various social media channels.
The ultimate goal of any social media marketing campaign is to drive traffic to a website, increase the visibility of a product, gain more social media followers or find more customers.
1: Decide which social media platform to use
For beginners on social media, you have to choose one or more social media platforms and start concentrating on them rather than trying to work on all the platforms at the same time. This mistake is being done by many beginners and in the end, they start quitting without having any benefit.
A great way to find out which social media platform is best suited is to find out the influencers and start analyzing their point of success.
2: Make your social media platforms more optimized
After deciding which tools will you use for the social media platforms, the next step is to optimize your profiles on those social media sites. The chance of getting more followers increases by optimizing your profiles on social media and it is considered to be a great way for boosting SEO efforts.
Some of the rules that you must follow for all sites for profile optimization are :
- Always use a real photograph showing your face for the profile and always avoid using animals, places, or anything that is not real as social media is about getting connected with the people and if want to increase the trust with the people just get out of the cage and put your real face as the profile picture.
- Always consider writing a good description as a bio about yourself or the company, your background, and your expertise. Mention this all in your profile.
- Try to give an indication to the users what you are trying to say, but it is not necessary, that everyone like to read in their profile what kind of information is being expected from the particular person.
- Include a link to your website wherever it is applicable on Facebook include a link in the about section and as on Twitter and Pinterest, there is a separate section for the website link.
3: Connect your website or blog with your social media pages
After making your social media profiles ready the very important next step is making your websites connected with the social media pages as there is a procedure that is to be followed for each social media platform and making sure that it is done correctly.
There should be correct binding between the two which means that search engines and social media websites should know which websites correspond with which social media.
4: Add Social Media buttons on your website
Besides getting your websites connected with the social media business pages, also make sure to add social media buttons on your websites so that it becomes easy for the readers to share your content on social media in an easy manner.
As a general rule of thumb, make sure that the buttons are kept above the fold in order to increase the exposure keeping in mind that larger buttons get more clicks rather than smaller buttons.
5: Find and Follow more influencers in the niche
As so far more appropriate social media tools have been selected for our niche, which optimized our social media profiles, make our website connected with the social media web pages, and also added social media buttons on the pages for more interaction.
The next most mandatory step is to find people to follow so as to build our tribe for followers.
It is almost common that they will not follow you back as your account is new no, but doing so is important for 3 reasons:
- This information will be used up by social media to make suggestions on who to follow, so following popular people is like making them notice that you are in that niche.
- When you start following popular people you are likely to get followed by other people as well. A trick that is being used up by many is to follow the followers of the popular person as they know that some will definitely follow them back.
- They will start sharing the most important and useful information about the niche so you might get a chance to learn something new and also may re-share with your followers.
6: Always try to keep a balance between the followers and the followers
After getting started to follow people always keep in mind that it is better to keep a proper balance between the number of people who followed and the number of people who follow you back.
A profile is considered to be important in case there are more followers than the following and someone being followed by the people who are considered to be the influencers.
7: Always share interesting Content in the form of text, images, and videos
For a successful social media marketing campaign, this is considered to be a great foundation. When it is talked about publishing content it is always said that “ Content is King” and it is considered true in social media also.
Sharing of interesting and useful content, for which you get more re-shares than there will be more visitors to your website and under some conditions more customers as well.
Interesting and useful content may be in the combination of :
- articles related to your niche
- interesting Statistics about your niche
- motivational quotes
- research papers
- images and videos
- some funny stuff
- and last and most important never forget to use hashtags in your posts which will definitely increase more number of visitors to your website.
8: Post many times a day but don’t overdo it
This is a common question that strikes the mind of social media beginners how many times posting should be done in a day? The actual answer to this question depends on the network. After many studies the posting frequency should be in the form :
- Postings on the personal page of Facebook can be done as many times as you want.
- Postings on the business page of Facebook should not be more than 1-2 times a day.
- On Twitter the more you tweet more exposure you will get.
- Postings on the Google+ business profile and the personal profile can be done as many times as you want but don’t overdo it.
- Postings on Pinterest is few times a day is enough.
9: Don’t forget to follow back
As more concentration is being put on how to get more followers rather than following back those who have already followed them.
There should be a habit that every day you should view the people who are already following you and decide to whom you should follow back. If this is not done on the regular basis then most will unfollow you and there will decrease in the number of followers.
10: Always follow the rules and be patient
It is a rule in social media to keep spammers away.
For example, there is a limit on Twitter on the number of people you can follow per day; there is also a limit on the number of people you can add/delete from your circles, Facebook has its own rules, etc.
This means that it may take some time to build thousands of followers so you need to be patient and not try to rush into results either by breaking the rules will suspend your account or spending your money on ‘buying followers or tweets’ or anything similar.