The client required an online bidding portal.
1. As a manager, be able to post a job or contract. Customers to be able to see bid responses including any attachments, be able to set and track milestones, be able to chat, email and view project status on demand.
2. As a contractor, be able to view/post responses and be alerted to bids matching my criteria. Be able to set and track milestones. Be able to chat, email and view project status on demand.
3. A help ticket system to provide for site issues, general support and dispute resolution.
The aim that made this project successful was forming ideas about best practices regarding how to deal with complexity and the critical success factors that are involved in this. When planning project success, project failure and its recognition and avoidance is an important part of that plan.
Part of the approach we followed:
• Complete functional specification
• Compare the functionality of reference websites
• Creation of the flow of the project
• How the payment system would work
• How to enable communication between manager and contractor